December 28, 2016

La La Madden

Finally found the antidote to Trumpism- Go see La La Land. What a beautiful, hopeful, romantic, magical film about passion and love. I loved every second of this film. Such a fresh look at how to tell a story. Damien Chazelle shines on all fronts. Perfectly written and beautifully shot, this film blends music, photography and a litany of carefully crafted story telling techniques.


This film was just what I needed to fill me up with hope about life, art, and passion as this year comes to its bitter end. It is filled with such vibrancy and color, wit and humor, as well a roller coaster of emotions. I was sitting on the edge of my seat from start to finish. I cannot say enough about this movie.


In other news, another grey day. Slow and easy, the kind you dream about in mid November when you are swamped and harried and busy with work. Skye and I hung out a bit. Made a small dent in the new Zadie Smith book. Played some guitar. Had a wine and pretzel with Mairin and scarfed down a chocolate eclair.


The doctor said my ankle is healing nicely and that I should be running in two months. In the meantime, it’s one step after the other.


I’d love to sit and brainstorm a few more things to ponder, but the Raiders are playing Atlanta in week two of my Madden season and the players are not going to train themselves.


Peace out crew. Three more days and things will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment